Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Life

What if.. life was easy?

Easy, like a vacation that lasts forever. Ah, do we dare to dream?

Though, if we had everything handed to us on a platter and didn't have to do anything else every again, what would be the point of life? Part of life is going through the struggles. Facing the hard times head on. They make us stronger and teach us to endure. We become better people because of everything life throws at us -good and bad.

Think of something that happened to you a while back that effected who you have become. Even though it may have been hard to endure, looking back on it, would you have wanted it to be different seeing where it has brought you now? For me, needing an income was life changing. But, I've grown from it and it's shaped me into who I've become.

So, perhaps the question should be, do we really want life easy?

I'm reminded of the movie Wall-E and the ship in the sky where everyone sits around all day doing nothing but eating, sleeping, and talking to each other. Look where it got them. They were huge blobs, no offense to any of them. If that is what it would mean to give up life, I'll pass. I'd rather go through all the ups and downs than not feel anything at all.

Easy is not everything. Thank goodness for us, it's also not always available.

WDYT?

~LLP

No comments:

Post a Comment