Thursday, December 3, 2009

Marriage - For real or for all?

What if.. gay marriage really does effect those of us who don't agree with it?

I recently came across a question on Facebook asking this. Ever since then, I've had it in the back of my mind. Then it dawned on me. What about marriage itself?

We are taught that marriage is to be a binding commitment that cannot, should not, and is not easily broken -don't believe me on the latter? Try getting divorced.

Now, if marriage is open to allow just anyone to take part in it, what happens to that commitment? Well, it really mustn't be all that important if anyone can have it. Is it any wonder then that the divorce rate in this country has sky rocketed??

So yes, my stand on the question is still very much a YES. We are selling the sanctity of marriage off to whomever wants it, and in turn, it's biting all of us in the rear. I for one want to get married and know it will be forever, not be on uncertain terms with compromise.

WDYT?
~LLP

No comments:

Post a Comment